Whether you’re looking for a casual fling or want to take your relationship from flirty to frisky, you need to know the signs that say: “Let’s do it” or “Don’t even think about it”! We’ve got some handy tips to help you spot the difference!
Some people enjoy one-night stands or casual flings. If you’re not ready for a relationship, this is nothing to be ashamed of. As long as your partner knows the score, you’re not hurting anyone and you protect yourself against STIs, go for it!
- They invite you in for coffee and don’t head for the kettle.
- They kick off their shoes and invite you to do the same.
- When you’re kissing, your partner grinds their pelvic region into yours and grips your buttocks to pull you further into them.
- When you look them straight in the eye, their pupils are dilated and they’ve got ‘that’ look in their eye. It may be time to get that condom…
Sex and relationships
If you’re looking for love rather than sex, these tips will help you check whether you’re emotionally ready to move things on. You may be if…
- You’re both over the age of consent. Laws are there for a reason. Sex isn’t just about bodies moving together. It has emotional ramifications that are difficult to understand until you’ve been there. Hold back at least until you’re legally old enough. The wait will make it all the sweeter and if your partner doesn’t understand, they’re probably not be right for you.
- You’ve talked about the things that you feel are important, be it religion, politics or whatever other issues matter most to you.
- You’re both in agreement about where you want the relationship to go. It may be that you both want something casual or you might be madly in love. Whichever is the case, knowing that you both feel the same is essential. If one of you is in love and the other just wants some fun, heartbreak and hard times are sure to follow.
- You’ve discussed safer sex and are both happy with protecting yourselves.
In all cases, no matter what signals you’re getting, you should always check that your partner is ready to proceed. Forcing the issue is just plain unacceptable behaviour. Whether you’re after a quick fling or everlasting love, make sure you’re both up for it and you’re more likely to have mind-blowing sex!